· The classical electrolyte abnormality that occurs in Legionella infection is Hyponatremia.
· Brucella blood culture is the most definite method for diagnosis (CASTENEDA METHOD).LIVER INFUSION MEDIA are widely used for cultivation of Brucella. The media employed currently are serum dextrose agar, serum potato infusion agar , trypticase soy agar or tryptose agar. Acute brucellosis is mostly due to brucella melitensis known as UNDULANT FEVER.
· Most common ovarian tumor to undergo torsion mucinous cysts
· Virilising tumors of the ovary are arrhenoblastoma , adrenal tumors of the ovary, leydig cell tumor , gynandroblastoma.
· Feminising tumors of the ovary are granulosa cell tumor , theca cell tumor.
· Call Exner bodies are seen in Granulosa cell tumor
· Following ovarian tumor is most commonly seen in the reproductive age group Mucinous cystadenoma.